The Rof Codina University Veterinary Hospital is regulated by a Foundation whose Board of Trustees include members from the Xunta de Galicia, University of Santiago de Compostela, Diputación provincial de Lugo and City Council of Lugo, RC-VUH has the role of bettering the teaching and research activities carried out at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, which is located on the Lugo Campus, and also seeks to provide high quality services for Veterinarians and animal owners as well. While much of the work is done in the hospital building, mobile services are also available for shelters and livestock farms.
The hospital has the most up-to-date equipment for diagnostical imaging, such as: computed axial tomography scan (CAT), scintigraphy and various types of ultrasonography. Of the different kinds of laser surgery provided by this center, the most noteworthy are: radioisotope therapy, laser surgery, and minimally invasive surgical procedures like arthroscopy, or laparoscopy.
Whether you bring an animal into the center for emergency treatment, for specialized procedures, or for primary health care, you will be treated as an important part of the care-giving team that the pet or animal requires. So that you can make the most appropriate decision, you will be adequately informed about the animal’s condition, the different treatment options and/or other specific recommendations, and the case prognosis, as well as the clinical costs involved.
If a veterinarian has sent you to our hospital, s/he will also form part of the care-giving team. S/he will be informed about the animal’s condition and the treatment established in order to ensure a positive evolution. The staff at the hospital, technical personnel, and students of the Faculty of Veterinarian Medicine will work with you and your regular Veterinarian so as to provide your animal with the best possible attention.
The work carried out at the Rof Codina University Veterinary Hospital is about much more than just teaching students. Indeed, one of its goals is to be a service for society; thus, it also includes clinical activities, as well as the promotion of investigative research. It is this triple and favorable objective that responds to an educational demand and also strives to comply with the high quality standards that are necessary to maintain, together with the other Degrees taught at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, the official seal of recognition of European equivalence as awarded by European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education (EAEVE).
Health Care Service
- Health care center for livestock breeders and animal owners.
- Mobile surgical support.
- Technical assistance for veterinarians in order to carry out analyses or complex surgical interventions.
- Collaboration with public health control tasks.
- Experimental research as per clinical casuistry.
- Collaboration and exchange with specialists.
- Practical training for students at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.
- Professional recycling, refreshing, and specialization for post graduates.
- Backing of continuous training programs for professionals in the areas of public health, the environment and livestock.
- Specialized training in the various clinical facets of the profession.
- Practical activities in collaboration with other public organisms and university centers of all types.
- Organization of workshops, orientation, and other types of courses on monographic clinical topics of interest.
- Created: 10 May 2014